Fernando José Vázquez
Determined, persuasive, and dynamic leader that provides results for high profile employers that make Demand driven Supply Chain a competitive advantage the key element in their strategies to ensure market presence and profitability, interested in becoming a game changer for a multinational corporation, and fast paced start ups while developing a challenging career in Integrated Supply Chain.
Private Venture Capital Firm focusing on pre seed start ups in Mexico in Consumer and Medical industries
Member of the Board Monterrey N.L August 2019 – To Date
Acted as a deputy Operations Director advising Ops teams on the following
- Developed Make vs Buy strategy for Medical device company that resulted in decreasing Mfg Lead time as well as unitary cost per unit.
- Co-created greenfield for Manufacturing Operations focused on pull production and compliance to Mexican regulatory laws. COFEPRIS
- Advised Commercial Strategy for, Medical Devices and Wooden Furniture, and Healthy drinks startups, by identifying key customer segments and developing strategies on each of them to maximize value proposition.
- Advised on startup funding proposals put forth to 525 Venture’s shareholders from a strategic and financial viewpoint
FMCG Multicategory Site; Confectionary, Powder Beverages, and Biscuits
NA Supply Chain Excellence Sr. Manager & Global Supply Network Capability Leader North America/Global January 2021 – To Date
- Reporting directly to Global Supply Chain Excellence Director, leading Mondelēz E2E Supply Network Program implementation across Value Chain (Sites + Distribution Centers and External Manufacturers) for 4 Regions (NA, LA, AMEA, MEU)
- Build sustainable Supply Network and IL6S (TPM + lean) capabilities (processes, tools, automation, qualification) across ISC to support E2E synchronization
- Lead processes and methodologies to eliminate Supply Network losses, end-to-end (Suppliers, Plants, Warehouses) anchoring on IL6S
- Regional Leader of Business Process Improvement Initiatives, aimed at eradicating waste in functional areas such as Finance, R&D, Planning, Scheduling, Customer Service , diverse array of tools deployed such as Agile, VSM, Makigami, Yamazumi, Flow To Work, RPA’s in order to streamline processes End 2 End.
- Drive continuous improvement culture change through best practice sharing, across Regions vocal advocacy, and visible hands on leadership
- Member of steering team in building support and resources to Digital Value Chain journey, and integrating E2E Transformation by leading strategy into plausible actions
- Lead strategic initiatives for supply chain across Monterrey HUB (material cost reductions, supplier consolidation, material management warehouse improvement, Transportation optimization, resulting in inventory days and cost to serve reduction
NA Supply Chain Excellence Sr. Manager North America April 2016 – Dec 2020
- Reporting directly to NAl Supply Chain Excellence Director, leading North America biscuits category sites in IL6S (Lean +TPM +High Performance Organization +Six Sigma)
- Supported the organization in Quality, Engineering, and Manufacturing by managing daily operation to consistently deliver products that are compliant to quality specifications, while maintaining service level within cost targets.
- Responsible for developing and executing Materials Strategy for material flow, inventory, logistics and operational improvement to directly impact SQCDSM and Customer Service Metrics for both inbound and outbound logistics in 5 plants.
- Leader of Regional End 2 End Improvement efforts, by coaching Supply Network Pillar into improving lead time, service, inventory and cost logistics KPI’s by implementing best in class Supply Chain Practices across North America Region (Mexico, USA, Canada) Activities focused on alignment of 3 echelons, Suppliers, Plants and Warehouses
- Global Owner of Flexibility Management Initiative (SMED + RfS Methodology) to address flexibility across Integrated Supply Chain as well as Labor Maximization work processes. Improvements with direct impact in DIOH, DBNR, Lead time and Service Levels CFR, as well as Revenue per employee
Manager Integrated Lean Six Sigma /Master Black Belt Mexico and Latam September 2013 – March 2016
- Design and rollout of the Integrated Lean Six Sigma, TPM and High Performance Working Systems Strategy for Mexico Integrated Supply Chain. Site and DC’s , personally Lead Focused Improvement Pillar Activities across LATAM (18 Sites)
- Coordinated sub track of Vertical Start Up on company’s largest brownfield development, by aligning vendors and suppliers to comply with IL6S standards and assure vertical startup (4.5 sigma and 85% efficiency) on new and transferred equipment
- Extreme and concrete results achieved such as: Material Waste reduction, Asset Utilization increase, Customer Claims reduction, Material Inventories reduction, Inbound and Out bound optimization, contributing to Supply Chain Cost reduction. (Average US $10M/year in savings)
EATON Corporation Monterrey Nuevo Leon December 2012 – September 2013
Electrical Division; Cooper Lighting, B-Line, Wiring
Lean Leader/Master Black Belt
- Developed the Lean Transformation plan for Electrical Division
- Developed own and built the Lean Capabilities on staff and associates by developing a robust Lean Training program for all levels; Team Leaders, Lean Black Belts, Lean Champions, MVP (Manufacturing Variance Reduction) Specialists
- Ensured successful Lean Transformation as Event Sensei by positively impacting the following
- Total net cost productivity increase of 5% through the execution of SW, MVP, VA/VE MPS, SMED Actions
- Cash Commit by achieving total inventory turn of 9.6 by means of MPS, (Kanban sequence planning, Set up wheel and supplier partnerships)
- PPM Reduction 42% by establishing VRK, Complexity Management, VA/VE in key product/process aspects
Belden Corporation Monterrey Nuevo Leon March 2011 – Dec 2012
Signal Transmission Company(Cable, Connectivity and Networking)
Lean Director LATAM/Master Black Belt
- Lead and ensure deployment of Lean Enterprise Strategy and Quality Systems across LATAM region (Mexico and Brazil).)
- Mentor the organization thru Black Belt Program, Lean Daily Management Process and the assistance of other operational and functional areas to become self sustaining in its continuous improvement process (Lean Daily Management activities), Achieved Black Belt Goal with 13 Certifications for 2011 ;LDM Process included Leader Standard Work, Visual Management (SQDC green/red at mfg cell level), daily accountability (Quick response boards), MRB reduction, discipline, at point of impact.
- Support Business units as Sensei (teacher, facilitator and coach) in 74 Breakthrough Improvement E2E (End to End) Events to deliver Top line (Sales) improvements and/or Bottom Line Improvements (Cost Reductions) mainly through process improvement activities (VA/VE, VSM, Kaizen, VRK, TPI, SMED,MPS,SW,TPM DFSS) breakthrough results in speed, end-to-end cycle time, cost, inventory, quality, safety and productivity. Gross profit increase was 4,6%, fill rate improvement from 86% to 98%, Inventory Turns increase of 87% for LATAM region (4 sites)
- Support and Mentor S&OP process implementation in the LATAM Region by aligning Marketing/Sales and Supply areas with Global standard processes, improving the Demand plan accuracy from 25% to 75% in four months Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma/Heineken-México Monterrey Nuevo León December 2006 – March 2011 Beverage Company
Continuous Improvement Leader/Master Black Belt
Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma/Heineken-México Monterrey Nuevo León December 2006 – March 2011
Continuous Improvement Leader/Master Black Belt
- Responsible of the operational excellence improvement activities for the plants from Mexico and Brazil with a focus on ensuring that best in class processes are developed and implemented across the operations division, with the expectation of having a significant impact on the business. Major achievements were attaining 650th Kaizen Events with over $25M USD in savings thru 5 years
- Drive the training and application of Lean Six Sigma quality across CCM in Monterrey Facility, commercial and healthcare business units. Trained over 80 Yellow Belts , 40 Green Belts and 5 Black Belts
- Developed and executed Lean assessments of manufacturing sites to ensure the proper Lean tools to be applied in order to achieve maximum efficiency. Some tools implemented were SMED, Standard Work, Value Stream Mapping, Material Pull System, VA/VE
- Leader of the Focused Improvement pillar focused on reshaping, aligning, and training the organization to become a process-managed, world-class company under Heineken TPM Strategy. Roadmap created to achieve world class category by 2013 TRANE/American Standard Monterrey Nuevo León February 2003 –December 2006 Air Conditioning Compressors Manufacturer Strategic Quality Coordinator/Black Belt (2004- 2006)
TRANE/American Standard Monterrey Nuevo León February 2003 –December 2006
Air Conditioning Compressors Manufacturer
Strategic Quality Coordinator/Black Belt (2004- 2006)
- Directly applying Lean Sigma methods (TPM, Kaizen, DOE, SMED, MPS) within the Compressors Product Line to improve Quality, productivity, throughput time, product yield, field reliability, and customer satisfaction, 12 completed projects with over US$3M in hard savings cost of poor quality reduction, from 1.81 USD/ESH down to 0.44 USD/ESH and internal PPM reduction from 11380 down to 4800
- Coordinate and perform Six Sigma training ( 20 Green Belts 8 Black Belts) for Mexico's operations
- Lead and managed ISO 9000:2000 deployment and certification process in Plant